How DMOs are reacting to the COVID-19 crisis.
DMO representatives from Visit California, New Zealand, South Australia and Visit Britain discussed DMO responses to the virus, and how they’re planning to continue to inspire during a time of tragedy.
Among the recurring themes from each of the speakers:
- Give back to the community, support local businesses and infrastructure.
- Redefine and transform destination marketing.
- Have a plan for the post-containment world and tourism.
- Stay top of mind and inspire future travel.
- Provide flexible booking terms.
- Start with a hyperlocal approach to tourism before out-of-state or international travel is possible.
Global booking trends:
- Pockets of lodging & air demand can still be seen in domestic markets
- Two types of booking windows:
- Very short-term (0-6 days out) – necessary travel
- Long-term bookings (3+ months) – people are actively looking and thinking about their future trips and destinations they want to visit when travel returns
- Not much booking activity in between the two booking windows above
You can also register or watch recordings of these webinars here.