IAB releases ad-buying trend impact from March to April
IAB has been monitoring shifts in ad-buying behavior via industry surveys. Month over month from April to March shows:
- Increase of ad buyers pausing media buys
- Digital ad spend shows slight return while traditional ad spend stalls.
- Flexible platforms (creatively, and in optimizations) will see the least disruption.
- Social good/cause marketing is increasing.
- Many advertisers are shifting creative strategy, with up to 60% of them using creative that reflects the COVID-19 crisis in some form