The 24th edition of the PlaceIQ Social Distance Tracker releases data to illuminate what consumers’ summer vacations are shaping up to be in this new era. Each week, the tracker explores a new theme in consumer foot traffic, sharing trends as they emerge throughout the pandemic.
- Consumers stay closer to home and their vacations look very much like their home lives do
- Less visitation to theme parks, entertainment venues (down 389% YOY), hotels, airports, etc.
- Increased visitation to gas stations, big box stores, fast food, and outdoors activities
- Road trips soar and distance from home declines
- Dining out is cut and dining in is favored